Whether you’re an adventurer who likes to stay in touch with friends while on the road, or a professional who does much of your work on-the-go, losing your cellphone’s data signal in your vehicle is never a fun experience. Let’s face it, maintaining a fast and reliable signal around your vehicle can often help you find that perfect photo shoot, learn about DIY camping hacks, or simply find a good place to eat.
A cell phone signal booster in your car, truck, or RV is the best solution for folks looking to improve their cell signal throughout “dead zones,” minimizing dropped calls while maintaining a fast & reliable connection to the internet no matter where the road takes you. However, before you jump at the opportunity and pick up the strongest vehicle signal booster on the market, let’s first explore some affordable DIY alternatives.
4 Easy Steps to Boost the Cell Signal in your Car
- Park your vehicle and bring your phone outside of the car. Stopping your car before calling, texting, or browsing the Internet isn’t just the responsible thing to do, it also allows your device to latch onto the best nearby cell tower, giving it time to establish the best connection possible.
Completely exiting your vehicle will further improve your cell signal reception by eliminating the major signal strength obstruction that is your car’s metal body. In fact, depending on your particular vehicle, it is not unusual for your car’s body to drop your cellular signal strength by half.
- Find higher ground nearby and try #1. If parking and exiting your vehicle doesn’t work well enough, you can also look to perform these steps from an area of higher elevation. This works because terrain, just like your car’s metal body, can also be a very effective impediment to your cell phone signal strength. This includes hills, cliff walls, and even trees which you’ll want to avoid to maximize your cellular reception.
- Locate your nearest cell phone tower. Should #1 and #2 fail to give you an adequate boost in your cellular signal strength, you can always find your carrier’s nearest cell phone tower and reduce your distance from it, which will gradually improve your signal. Note that you probably don’t need to be right next to the tower to fix your signal, even just moving a few miles closer can make a big difference.
While steps #1-3 are fantastic short-term solutions, weak cell signals are often a long-term problem characterized by regular interruptions to your call, text, or internet usage. In #4, we present a long-term solution to the problem that offers absolute peace of mind when you’re on the road.
- Invest in a quality Signal Booster for vehicles. Signal boosters are systems that require only a power source to passively boost incoming signals from the cell tower as well as signals returning from your phone back to said tower. This allows you to maintain strong and fast cellular data reception throughout “dead zones”, giving you increased independence from cell towers while ensuring you’ll always have a reliable connection to the rest of the world should you need it.
Not only will signal boosters provide a much better performance jump than #1-3, but they will also save you the hassle of dropping everything to find a good signal strength location. Vehicle Signal boosters typically have a long lifespan, involve a non-invasive one-time setup without any subscription fees, and don’t require any technical know-how. In fact, the most difficult thing about picking a booster is… choosing the right booster for your specific needs.
That’s where we’ve got your back as the remainder of this article is there to help you make the best vehicle signal booster choice on your first purchase.
Advantages of a Cell Phone Signal Booster in the Car
While we’ve highlighted several points that makes a signal booster the best solution for you, here are some more advantages that cellular signal boosters offer.
- Increased range of locomotion. Dead zones can be one of the worst feelings since they turn your cell phone into a brick, completely disconnecting you from the rest of the world. A signal booster would enable you to explore farther off the beaten path without losing the ability to call for help or find the nearest place to eat.
- Decreased number of dropped calls. Dropped calls usually occur when you’re traveling between cellphone towers or behind obstructions. Since a cellphone booster strengthens the signal you are receiving and sending to your nearest cell towers, you’ll be able to maintain a strong connection despite those pockets of weak signals.
- Improved call clarity. Cell phone boosters will improve your cellular signal in the car—a stronger connection to and from the cellular tower means you’ll be able to hear your caller more clearly and vice versa.
- Longer battery life. When you’re traveling in a vehicle, your cellphone has to work to locate and connect to the nearest cellular towers. If you’re driving in spotty signal areas, this can mean your phone is working double-time pushing a return signal back to the cell tower. A signal booster in the car shoulders most of that burden, making it easier for your phone to find and keep a connection, which in turn improves your battery life.
- Improved data speeds. A properly designed booster will not only boost your signal strength but also the Signal-to-Noise ratio of your incoming data, increasing your internet speed as a by-product.
Make the Best Cell Signal Booster Choice for Car
Choosing the right vehicle signal booster for your needs is the chief obstacle for the majority of people who may not be familiar with the technical aspect of boosters. Luckily, we’ve made it easy for you to make the best choice using the infographic below.
Keep in mind, all our boosters are fully compatible with all carriers in the US, Canada, and Mexico, and operate bi-directionally to provide maximum independence from cell towers. Additionally, they are also covered by a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty, lifetime US-based tech support, and a 60-day no questions asked money back for risk-free peace of mind.
Share this Infographic on your Page by Copying the HTML Below:
Top 5 Cell Phone Signal Boosters for Vehicles
- N-Range 2.0: The N-Range 2.0 cellular signal booster for vehicles is an entry-level option that offers strong ERT-enabled performance for the solo adventurer in a compact package, all at an affordable price-point. This model is great for commuters or those looking for an earnest budget solution to their cell signal needs.
- Fusion2Go 3.0: The Fusion2Go 3.0 is our most popular option for vehicles and has established itself as a competitive choice for both casual commuters as well as users with more serious endeavors such as campers, outdoorsmen, and even storm chasers. Blending reliably solid performance that handles multiple simultaneous users with an attractive price tag, the Fusion2Go 3.0 has the flexibility to be the a good “safe” choice for folks who want to be ready for anything on the road.
- Fusion2Go 3.0 Fleet: The Fusion2Go 3.0 Fleet pairs the Fusion2Go 3.0 base booster with a Non-Magnetic Option (NMO) antenna kit designed for fleets of commercial vehicles. This custom NMO outside antenna features a permanent screw-mount for maximum long-term convenience and keeps fleet drivers connected throughout more areas of the road.
- Fusion2Go 3.0 RV: The Fusion2Go 3.0 RV combines the Fusion2Go 3.0 base booster with an RV antenna kit and convenient power supply options, giving RVers a worthy solution designed for their needs that covers even the largest of vehicles. RVers who like to camp out in remote areas and need reliable call/text/internet capabilities 24/7 will especially enjoy the Fusion2Go 3.0 RV’s reliability and performance.
- Fusion2Go Max: Folks who commute, live, or travel in the most remote areas will find incredible value in the 2020 CES Innovation Award-winning Fusion2Go Max‘s high-end performance, which keeps them connected throughout more areas than any other vehicle signal booster in the market. Driven by SureCall’s exclusive ERT patented technology, the Fusion2Go Max offers maximum performance and peace of mind for road warriors who often find themselves in the middle of nowhere.
Find Something You Like?
Shop our Vehicle Signal Boosters or contact us at email@example.com or (888) 365-6283.